Figure of the month

OCTOBER

W32
Selection criteria for car insurance company 2019

Difference to 100% = no answer

Every car owner is legally obligated to take out liability insurance for his car. In 2019 67% of car owners had fully comprehensive insurance and 25% took out third party, fire and theft cover. Just 8% had not taken out any further insurance for their car beyond the mandatory motor liability insurance. For the first time, the DAT Report asked about the criteria that influenced the choice of insurance. The majority of car owners (58%) had insurance cover from the same company that they already had other insurance policies with. The remaining 42% are distributed among those who searched online or offline for suitable providers and then decided on one or were sold insurance by a car dealership. Comparing the different age groups, online research was highest among 30- to 49-year-olds at 38%.

Every car owner is legally obligated to take out liability insurance for his car. In 2019 67% of car owners had fully comprehensive insurance and 25% took out third party, fire and theft cover. Just 8% had not taken out any further insurance for their car beyond the mandatory motor liability insurance. For the first time, the DAT Report asked about the criteria that influenced the choice of insurance. The majority of car owners (58%) had insurance cover from the same company that they already had other insurance policies with. The remaining 42% are distributed among those who searched online or offline for suitable providers and then decided on one or were sold insurance by a car dealership. Comparing the different age groups, online research was highest among 30- to 49-year-olds at 38%.